This article discusses:
- Common types of abuse in nursing homes.
- Where emotional abuse fits into abuse that occurs in nursing homes.
- Signs to look out for that may indicate abuse is going on.
What Different Types Of Abuse Occur In Nursing Homes?
There are seven common types of abuse that occur in nursing homes. They include:
- Emotional Abuse;
- According to data from the NCEA, emotional abuse is by far the most common type of abuse in the nursing home setting.
- Physical Abuse;
- Sexual Abuse;
- Financial Abuse;
What Are Common Signs Of Nursing Home Abuse And Neglect?
There are several signs of nursing home abuse. Common ones include:
- Assault and battery;
- This often includes kicking, slapping, pinching, pushing, shaking, beating, threats and verbal or emotional abuse.
- Lack of care for existing medical problems;
- Prolonged or continual deprivation of food or water.
For more information on Nursing Home Abuse Claims In Florida, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (904) 357 0090 today.