Law Offices of Stephen A. Smith

Call For a Free Consultation | (904) 351-0945 | Available 24/7

What Should You Do If You Were Hurt In Your Friend’s Home But Don’t Want To Sue?

In this article

  • You can discover how to navigate a scenario where you have been injured on a friend’s property.

When you’re injured on a friend’s property, it’s natural to be hesitant to bring a claim. No one wants to damage a relationship for the sake of money. However, you must keep in mind that when bringing an injury claim of this type forward, you’re not bringing it against your friend – you’re bringing it against their insurance policy.

If you are injured due to a dangerous condition on another person’s property, it’s likely that their homeowners insurance will cover the costs. This is because most policies include coverage for accidents that occur on the property, and the friend would be considered liable if they were aware of the hazard and did not take steps to fix it.

Your friend’s insurance policy is there to protect both of you in the event of an accident. If your friend did not mean to hurt you, they will certainly want you to recover and their insurance company will have to pay on a claim. Filing a claim against your friend’s insurance company may be the best way for you to get the compensation you deserve.

With the guidance of a skilled attorney for Homeowners Liability Cases, you can have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that we’ll make it look easy.

For more information on Homeowners Liability Cases in Florida, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (904) 351-0945 today.

Stephen A. Smith, Esq.

Call For a Free Consultation
(904) 351-0945 | Available 24/7

Translate »
Accessibility Accessibility
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U